Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Josh del Campo - Reviewer/Fellow Gaming Guru

My name is Josh D. I started gaming when I was about ten years old. My parents told me that the only way they'd let me get any game system was that I had to buy my own TV and pay for the console itself. After a long summer of mowing lawns, helping friends and family move, cleaning and various odd jobs, I had enough to get myself a 20" TV and a brand new Nintendo 64. Needless to say I haven't really been into gaming for very long, but when I first played Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (my first game), I knew I had stumbled upon what would be the greatest and most obsessive thing I would ever encounter. I'm pretty much into every style of gaming except for sports (like CA) and (sorry FF fans) turn based games like Final Fantasy. I'm sorry to say that I'm just not smart enough to strategize and "role play", and frankly just don't have the patience to sit and play RPGs. Anyway, now that I've shunned half the gaming community, I'd like to tell you about some of the games that I do play. I'm a huge fan of any first person shooters especially the Halo series (obviously). Apart from FPS, I'm a huge fan of the Zelda series (even though I've only played Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass). In addition to all this I like to think of myself as the unofficial Guitar Hero/Rock Band God. Nobody has beat me yet. As far as consoles I've owned and still own, I've gotta start with my N64 (mentioned above). I currently own PS3, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, and Nintendo DS. I guess you could throw in PC, even though I can't even run Gears of War. Now that I have all that out of the way; my name is Josh D. and I'm here to make sure you guys know before you buy.

2 comments:

stevie said...

[i've only been gaming since i was de-virginized in highschool by a couple buddies talking about a game on PC called StarCraft. i was hooked later that night. be that as it may i'm not to turned on by consoles but have dabbled into a couple. PC is the only thing that makes sense, minus RockBand which is the best thing since the invention of the piano-key necktie. JD, teach us of the darkside my gaming master!]

...see you in another life

~s

Anonymous said...

So you are not going to be rating any sports games on your site, even though Madden is always in the top 10 selling gaames of the year? You need to have more reviews and less press blurbs that are on every single site out there. More original content. More reson for me to visit your site. Get deep with your reviews. What did you not like about the game> Why? How would you fix it?