Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo......

Photobucket

Oh, Nintendo........where do I start? How bout the fact that apparently only children and old people are buying from you this holiday season. At least that's what it looks like by what awesome games you're not releasing this year. Where's Zelda? Metroid? Mario? That Kid Icarus game you promised? I'm a hardcore gamer, I need the good old Miyamoto magic I know and love! Oh, whats that? Oh, he made WiiMusic? Oh, I guess that's the reason why you made him sign a contract that copyrights everything he thinks about for your own personal use; for ideas like that.

Can't forget about Animal Crossing for Wii! Apparently thats the game coming out this year for people like me. It comes with an awesome WiiSpeak speaker/mic so the whole family can play (for about 10 minutes). Don't get me wrong, Animal crossing is awesome, but Nintendo's attempt at online play is a little disappointing. XBL and PSN are doing it right by using headsets, which promotes privacy......which i like when I'm playing online because there always gonna be some 12 year old kid from upstate New York that has the dirtiest mouth and thinks its cool to talk like that cause his parents are asleep.

And where are we at with availability of Wiis? In the same boat we where two years ago when they launched. You have to know somebody that works at a major retail chain in order to get one, and everywhere seems to have them for about 10 minutes. Its the exact same thing with WiiFit. I dont know if Nintendo is doing this on purpose or what, because supposedly they've increased production to 600,000 per month.

Well. I guess we'll have to wait until next holiday season to see if Nintendo picks up the ball again. Maybe a ball with Zelda, Mario, and Metroid on it.......maybe.

thanks for reading

-JD

PS: Microsoft. Keep it up!

No comments: